Jude walked into the house after getting home from school yesterday and vomited all over the kitchen floor. To get caught up on our illness drama click here –> (but I wouldn’t do it without a face mask on).
It does worry me a little bit that all of this is happening after we move into a new house. I’m 98% sure that what we’re experiencing as a family is a nasty stomach virus that is going around. Probably two different viruses, which is why we’re seeing it twice within two and a half weeks.
There is that 2% uncertainty that makes me wonder if it could be anything related to our house or even a food product that we’ve had in our house that is making us sick. We discovered last night that we don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in the house. We’ve ordered two that will be here soon. I highly doubt that it is carbon monoxide poisoning as Jude was away from the house all day and got sick within a minute of coming home. Also, Jace and I were home all day long and didn’t experience any of the nausea*, fatigue and headaches that are consistent with poisoning even at low levels. Jace was the first one of the family to get sick and that was while we were still living at our old house.
The “good” news is that it appears that other households in the area have been sick and fighting similar symptoms. It’s most likely just really poor/confusing timing.
*Catching vomit into a person’s cupped hands will automatically make one feel slightly nauseated, but that feeling did pass.